The 16th Annual Conference of the European China Law Studies Association will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark on 21 to 23 September 2022.
The conference will be hosted and organized by the Danish National Research Foundation’s Centre of Excellence for International Courts (iCourts), Study Hub for International Economic Law and Development (SHIELD) and Centre for Private Governance (CEPRI), Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen.
The ECLS is a major international venue to gather scholars, practitioners and policy makers to debate on the development of law in China from both comparative and interdisciplinary perspectives. The annual conference of the ECLS is a leading international academic forum for the exchange of information and ideas on Chinese law, as well as a platform for the initiation of research collaboration.
The Annual Conference Organizing Committee is now inviting submissions for inclusion in the Conference 2022 programme. The 2022 ECLS Annual Conference will highlight legal issues relating to the topics as below. Please note that submissions are not necessarily limited to the listed topics.
- Legal Issues of EU-China Relations
- China in the International Legal Order
- China’s New Structure of Party and State
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction of Chinese Law
- China’s Legal Culture, Legal Traditions and Comparative Law
- International Courts and Tribunals and the Rule of Law in China
- China’s Belt and Road Initiative and Global Economic Governance
- China and the Inbound and Outbound Foreign Investments: Forms of Regulation, Special Economic Zones, Investment Screening
- Global Circular Supply Chains and Regulations in China
- Cyber Security, Data Privacy and Personal Information Protection
- Artificial Intelligence and Ethics, Big Data and Intellectual Property Law
- China’s Civil Code, Corporate and Securities law
- China’s Climate Change and Biodiversity Conservation Law in Global Context
- Chinese and Comparative Labor Law
- New developments in China’s Judicial Reforms and Autonomy of the Legal Profession
Call for Papers
- June 10, 2022 – Submission of Abstracts/panel proposals
- June 25, 2022 –Notification on acceptance
- September 8, 2022 – Submission of full papers
Submission of Papers
Submissions should be entered via the submission page. Conference participants will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs. Relevant practical information will be provided in due course.
The conference invites submissions of paper abstracts and panel proposals by 10 June 2022, noting that all submissions will be peer-reviewed by the organizing committee. Notification of acceptance will be given by 25
June 2022. Full papers should not exceed 8,000 words, and be submitted by 8 September 2022.
- Paper Abstract / Panel Session
Abstracts should be limited to 300 words for a paper and panel proposals should be limited to 1,000 words for a panel session.
The submissions should include: 1) the title of the paper or panel; 2) name, institution and email address of the author(s); 3) up to five keywords.
- Young Scholars Roundtable
The conference welcomes abstracts and proposals from young researchers (PhD candidates, MA students, etc.).
Young scholars’ sessions will be organized as roundtables to be moderated by senior researchers.
For enquiries regarding submissions, please contact Dr. Wen Xiang (email@example.com).
Other enquiries concerning visa issues or logistics are to be addressed to Ms. Maryna Pagels (firstname.lastname@example.org).