The 11th Annual General Conference of the European China Law Studies Association (欧洲中国法研究协会 – www.ecls.eu) will be held at the Faculty of Law of the Roma TRE University in Rome from 22 to 24 September 2016.
Since its founding in 2006, the European China Law Studies Association has become a major international venue for scholars and practitioners who are engaged in the study of Chinese law, from both comparative and interdisciplinary perspectives. The annual general conference provides an excellent forum for the exchange of information and ideas, as well as a platform for the development of research collaboration. Studies from disciplines other than law or interdisciplinary papers as well as submissions from young academics are expressly encouraged.
The 11th Annual ECLS Conference intends to focus on the following areas of Chinese law:
- Codification of civil law and Roman law tradition in China
- The Supreme People’s Court and judicial reform
- Implementation and enforcement of legal reforms
- Rule of law under Xi Jinping
- International, national (central and local) law-making
- Legal framework of the activities of NGOs
- Legal consciousness and environmental challenges
- Law and capital markets
- Criminal Justice and human rights
- China’s outbound FDI activism
- Legal aspects of the developing relations between EU and PRC
- Legal language and legal translation
- Current issues in law and philosophy
Relevant practical information is provided on the Conference official website at www.ecls2016rome.com.